So, while the great Indian democratic exercise ends and the great Indian democratic circus is set to roll, here a few (no, not phew, that's just for the title) points to ponder.
1) While our neighbours are fighting battles to save their countries and there is a greater political instability in large parts of the world, we not only know who our next Prime Minister is , but also who the one after him is going to be.
2) Modi is no magician with a magic wand who only needs to appear in a place and ahoy! , everyone votes for the BJP. In fact, votes have disappeared right under his nose.
3) Kumari Mayawati and Ms. Jayalalitha , your planned flights to the capital are now ridiculed as flights of fantasy.
4) While on Ms. Jayalalitha, it is learnt that she has a bad taste in her mouth due to M&M s, DMK style. (Since I can't seem to find the link and the above may not be self explanatory, Ms J has claimed the DMK won, thanks to Money and Muscle power. Denials are hard to find though)
5) Continuing on the theme of tastes, Kerala has now become a Karela for the Left. (No puns about the bad tastes of the author will be encouraged)
6) And just for the heck of continiuing on the theme of vegetables. I wish we had the power to vote out television anchors. On top of the list, (if you are Tamizh and you watch CNN IBN and you are not a fan of the channel and I need to close this bracket) Sagharika 'Ghose". My (future) Bengali friends may now collectively exclaim ' Oh my Gosh! '
7) M Karunanidhi, has now managed to 'fast' track yet another of his family members into a prominent political post.
8) Mamata di has given the TC to the Left from Bengal. It looks like the Left has reached a dead end (the Bangalore kind maybe?).
9) A soon to be popular quiz of face book will be 'Which kind of a Gandhi are you?'. Here's a sample question:
1) You belong to ?
a) THE Gandhi Family
b) The GANDHI Family
c) The Gandhi FAMILY
d) The Gandhi Family
If you chose A , you are Rahul Gandhi
If you chose B , you are Tushhar Gandhi
If you chose C , you are Varun
If you chose none of the above, indicating an inner fear of Capitals , you are Gopalkrishna Gandhi.
10) Because I have this inherent preference for double digits.